All servers running normally. Please see the main site for recent and new releases.
With the latest Fronter upgrade it has become easier to access Fronter from mobile devices, both iOS and Android. Our efforts to make Fronter equally accessible regardless of device continue. We are now at a stage where we are ready to pull the App from the Android market place, and really focus on web application improvements. Expect full access in Android and iOs browsers in 2013.
This article describes currently known issues and limitations in the Fronter Mobile Apps (both iPhone, iPad and Android). For help files and other guidance, please see this article, and the included links.
- Shibboleth SSO login not supported
- Feide login (Norwegian educational SSO federation) not supported
- If you have a custom redirect on your Fronter login page, the login procedure may not work properly
- Limited support with respect to different file formats, such as pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, and odt (support for pdf and MS Office files is planned)
- After a period of inactivity, the session is finished with an error message (you may have to shut down the process)
iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- OpenOffice file formats (e.g. odt) are not supported, due to iOS limitations
Both operative systems
- You will not be able to access forums, Fronter documents, pages or tests
- On mobile network (3G/Edge), the maximum file size for download is 2MB
- On WiFi, the recommended maximum file size for download is 15MB
Please remember that while on a mobile network, depending on your subscription, your carrier may charge you for all data traffic. Whenever possible, it is recommended to utilise a WiFi connection. Speed of opening larger files may depend on your network connection.