All servers running normally.
Please note this article involves the Fronter Y12 release, rolled out during autumn 2012. For Y11 browser support, please see here.
Fronter is 100% web based and will run on all devices that can launch a modern web browser with support for W3C standards, although some functionality may not be fully supported by all browsers.
Fronter supports the following stable production browsers for use with Fronter Y12
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 - 9
- Mozilla Firefox 4 and newer
- Safari 5
- Google Chrome
Java 1.5 plug-in or newer is required in order to run the Java based tools in Fronter (e.g. Online, multiple file upload, sound recorder). Please note that we do not provide support on the Java VM. (See here for a list of platforms where you can install the Java plugin.)
Please consult the list of known issues prior to registering an issue with Fronter, in case there is a known limitation with a specific browser.
Although most functionality should be available, we do not test with or provide support for the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 - 7
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6
- Opera 9.5+
- Webkit browsers (on Android and iOS platforms)
Please note also that Apple's iOS has no support for Java, or HTML functionality required for file upload. Please see here for more information.
Settings in the browser
Important settings in the browser are:
- Allow pop-up windows from *.fronter.com
- Enable cookies from *.fronter.com
- We do not recommend using compatibility view in Internet Explorer
- Additionally for Internet Explorer under Security:
- Download Signed ActiveX controls – Enable
- Run ActiveX and plugins – Enable
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting – Enable
- Display mixed content – Enable