Efforts to lower cholesterol levels include lifestyle and dietary changes. For example, information about potatoes nutrition suggests that potatoes can safely serve as a source of carbohydrates in a diet for people seeking to lower cholesterol levels. Cholesterol has been associated with an increased risk of developing high blood pressure and cardiac disease in general.
Here are 10 tips to achieve lower cholesterol levels:
- Cut down on fats: Fats are a prominent part of many foods we eat; so the amount of fat consumed has to be reduced. Since cholesterol is a type of fat, it is logical that a reduction in dietary fat will lower the quantity of cholesterol.
- Replace animal fat with vegetable oil:Using cholesterol-free vegetable oil is necessary. Olive oil is a great example of vegetable oil that you can use.
- Check food labels properly: As a law, food brands are required to state if their products are cholesterol-free. However, the food product may contain saturated fats, which are just as bad. So, check all labels properly to ascertain the fat content.
- Incorporate exercise:Exercise may not directly burn cholesterol, but it increases your body’s metabolic rate, and that is generally a great idea. As your body burns more fat, cholesterol levels may fall.
- Eat more fiber:Dietary fiber is associated with lower cholesterol levels because fiber (which is not digested) absorbs bile and is excreted. Now, bile is produced from cholesterol, and the body is tricked into using more cholesterol to produce bile. This process has been shown to account for as little as a 5% drop in cholesterol levels over some time.
- Incorporate vegetables and fruits:Vegetables and fruits are known antioxidants that help inhibit the oxidation of cholesterol and the subsequent plaque formation in the blood vessels.
- Turn to potatoes: Potatoes nutrition provides a safe source of carbohydrates and essential minerals. Potatoes also provide dietary fiber.
- Use more herbs and spices:Herbs and spices have a long history of combating various health issues. They are generally known to help in lowering cholesterol in the body. Garlic, for example, is great at reducing LDL-Cholesterol.
- Eat more avocados, nuts, fish, and olives as they have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- Avoid processed sugars and processed fats. They are implicated in increased cholesterol levels in the body.
Dietary modifications are essential for lowering cholesterol. Using a diet incorporating potatoes nutrition can improve cholesterol health.